Thursday, March 25, 2010

Speech Week

This week we are supposed to give a speech to our audience to inform them of something. It took me the longest time to actually find a topic I was knowledgeable about that was in the news recently. I scowered several newspaper type websites and finally found an article that I liked. My speech topic is the paperless office. Since I work in an office I see how it is VERY important to have copies of everything for our files but I also see the side that millions of billions of trees are being cut down to serve our needs. There are a lot of things that we could do to make ourselves paperless but I don't see that we're even trying. In turn this would save the company a lot of money as well as save our planet. It's crazy how detrimental cutting down trees is to our way of life and our lives themselves. Without the trees we can't breath... I'm excited to give my speech because I think that with the information i've found it will be informative AND interesting. I hope that I present the information the best I can so it makes a difference to at least one person in my audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment