Sunday, April 4, 2010

Speeches

Informative Speech Recap: I think I did very well overall. The speech topic was interesting and important/relevant to the audience, I didn't stumble over my words too much, and I feel like I impacted the audience a little with the information I told them about. There are still some things I could improve on and I looke forward to working on them. My biggest challenge will be making sure I rehearse enough before the speech to know how it flows and is supposed to sound.

I'm excited about the next upcoming speech about persuading the audience. That speech, to me, will be more challenging because of the impact you have to make on the audience. Not only are you giving them information and talking to them, you have to make what you're saying relate to them so they feel like they need to take action in some way. It could turn out good if you motivate the audience but it could also turn bad if they don't react or relate to what you're saying in the speech. Overall though i'm looking forward to giving this speech and doing my best to quell the last bits of communication apprehension I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment